The Jamshri Ranjitsinghji Spinning and Weaving Mills was set up in 1907 by the Late Mr. Lalji Narayanji, who was an entrepreneur from Jamnagar.The Damani group acquired Jamshri in 1955, and since then has run the mill successfully, always maintaining stress on quality and customer satisfaction. At present the group has redefined its product focus looking to the changing scenario of the textile industry in India. It now concentrates mainly on spinning yarn. For this it has a total capacity of 25200 spindles. The company makes both polyester-cotton and polyester-viscose blended yarns, and fabrics. About 20% of the production is for export. The entire plant ie. Blow Room, Card, Draw Frames, Ring Frames are supplied by Lakshmi Machine Works in collaboration with Rieter- who is world famous for its technical superiority in this industry. The Auto Coners are supplied by Schlaforst. The company has also a well-equipped modern laboratory. The Company has won several awards for excellence in its exports as well as for its energy conservation efforts, from the Govt. over the last two decades. It continues to maintain focus on quality and honoring its commitments.